Quote of the Season

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

.

.

11.26.2010

Craft Party 2010

We've moved to a new location so I don't have to clean my house!  Joy's House is hosting us in their beautiful new facillity.

So be prepared for a much better space and to see where your donations have been put to good use for the last few years.

It's that most wonderful time of the year! 3 crafts - one night!  Time for the preview.  I'm so excited about the choices. Here you go:

Project #1:  Mini Mitten Ornaments or Mini Mitten Garlands

Break out the felted wool!  Trim possibilities galore - dig out your leftover scraps for embellishments.
 
Mitten Ornaments, Set Of 5
These are all project images from the internet.  When my elves and I make some we will post them.
    
       





Project #2 - Hidden Compartment Ornaments

Altered matchboxes are all the rage so why not make ornaments or stocking stuffers with hidden compartments?  You thought last years' boxes were cool - just wait.  Another chance to use up scraps of everything! Start collecting those miniatures and other ephemera if you need something particularly special.


These are all images of ideas and projects ripped from other artists on the internet to inspire us.  When I get some done, I will post my creations :).


match box shrines from Jewel (aka magpie moon) in Arizona. owl and fairy     Jeanne LaRocco, pray

Project #3:  Miniature Fresh Boxwood Topiary Trees

No pictures for this yet - you'll just have to use your imagination.  I'll be trimming my boxwood hedge hard.  If you have boxwood trimmings of your own you can donate - please let me know.

Also if you have floral wholesale status, I could use some help getting discounted oasis.

What to bring: 
  • your own paper cutting scissors and wool felt cutting scissors (if you have different scissors for different things otherwise just bring one good sharp pair)
  • bits of trim, beads, miniatures, buttons, yarn, images and other ephemera for decorating mittens and using on matchbox ornaments
  • tweezers and manicuring scissors or other tools for working with really small stuff on the matchbox ornaments.
  • some sort of large sturdy shoe box or copier box lid to keep your stuff together
  • If you want a large matchbox, you will have to bring it.  I will have available the standard size small ones for wooden matches.
HO HO HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment