Quote of the Season

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

.

.

11.17.2009

December 2009


Current Project Ideas

Project #1 - Recycled wool mini wreaths (easy) or Wool Bird ornaments
The felted wool sweaters are perfect for these projects. The material is nice and pouffy. I have plenty of recycled sweater supplies for this one.

tools: wire cutters, needle nose pliers, sharp scissors

Project #2 Vintage Style Pinecone Gnomes (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
I have little pinecone elves that my Grandma Frances bought at Woolworth's for 10 cents a box in (I am guessing) 1940's or 50's. I found these new examples and couldn't resist. Pinecone, wooden bead, pipecleaners, glue, and wool felt - all on my list of favorite things.



















Project #3 Tiny Mixed Media Collage Ornaments
(Intermediate to Advanced level)
tiny repurposed ribbon spool with vintage seal on the back
Great things come in small packages! Reuse and recycle all the tiny bits of stuff in your craft stash. In my stash, I have been hording small cardboard jewelry boxes and other tiny containers. I have always loved dioramas. So we are putting it all together in a nice little Christmas package.
Start thinking about a theme now and collect any specialty ephemera for your project. I will provide lots of basic stuff. I have plenty of boxes and containers in a variety of sizes.

Materials: the sky's the limit! glitter, trim, paint, paper, Christmas cards, polymer clay, beads, sequins, doo-dad's, snow paint, pipe cleaners, photos, junk, tinsel, rubber stamps, whatever.....


Tools: sharp scissors or exacto knife for cutting paper, tweezers for placing small items, toothpicks for glue, brush for mod podge


Christmas morning with frozen stream and vintage card background.
  This is the first one I made!



Disco ballerina with some vintage bling.



vintage card background for deer and tinsel trim

Repurposed an empty ribbon spool for a round
diorama with a scrap of vintage tinsel for trim



Another repuposed ribbon spool - this has lots of vintage.
The gold foil on the back was lining a box of vintage tags.
The white paper pointsettia on the back came from a vintage card.
The flower, trims and button all came from my late grandmother's stash.


the north pole from outer space!
I think this globe came from
a tube of small animal toys.



Vintage snow couple card inspired this mini box ornament!
That's all for now - see you on Dec. 12th!

No comments:

Post a Comment